Often a traditional home can benefit from “unexpected” ways to brighter a room. An updated art or chair can add a contemporary touch. Adding lighter fabrics or wall paints can brighten a dark room. What personality do you feel fits your style?
Below, the library had real cherry wood bookcases which we kept exactly the same. The homeowners were accustomed to a brighter home, as their prior home was on the west coast. Here’s a few ways to brighten a room!
1) Add a contemporary chair!
- A modern floor lamp, end table and a contemporary rug rug.
- Gray paint below the chair rail (to cover dark brown paint)
It’s all personal preference. This contemporary chair certainly changed the entire feeling, and the funky little stainless table and floor lamp added to the fun fresh vibe.
2) Abstract contemporary art and white drapes change the mood of this formal baby grand piano room.
The architecture in the home is very formal and traditional, the art has a light fresh feel.
3) A cocktail ottoman in light blue is a fun twist to replace a cocktail table.
The coffer ceilings and traditional french doors get a fresh update with abstract art above the mantle.
4) A new chandelier can change the mood of a room!
The four amazing examples of a contemporary chair, abstract art, new light fixtures, and lighter wall paint colors show how you can brighten a dark room! If your home is not conveying the mood you want, it can sometimes be a quick easy fix that can be done over a weekend!