Window treatments in 2017 are clean and simple, less formal, and best of all, they’re hung outside the window so they do not block ANY daylight!
Heavy formal drapes have been replaced with light fresh styles (like light colored linen fabric shown below). Below are some before and after photos to help you visualize the impact that beautiful drapes can make in a room! Whether you like transitional, contemporary, traditional, or rustic modern, these linen custom drapery panels fit in any decor.
In the modern room below, there’s a linear fireplace, no mantle, and a contemporary chandelier…. even in this contemporary setting, the room looks best with drapes for three reasons:
1) They frame the window, and draw attention to the view!
2) They make the room feel cozy, and help with sound absorption
3) Best of all, they’re functional! For privacy and light control.
In the Summerfield, NC below, we made a huge impact by adding Sherwin Williams Sea Salt paint, a comfortable chenille chair, a mercury glass end table & floor lamp. The room didn’t feel complete until we added our custom linen drapes.
These drapes made the room feel more complete for three reasons
1) They draw the eye up, so you appreciate the coffer ceiling.
2) They draw attention to the bay window area.
3) And best of all, they allow room darkening so our client can sleep late!
Linen drapes, a new chair and mercury glass end table, with new wall paint make a big impact!
Click here to view other before and after window treatment photos.
For comments, click the word “comment” below. For questions – be sure to email us instead.
Window treatments of 2017 have several things in common, they’re a fresh clean look, the fabrics are more durable, and the styles are simple – which means timeless!