When looking through magazines, you’ve probably noticed the variety of upholstered headboards. I have one, which I love. Here are six advantages to an upholstered headboard versus wood headboard.
|This upholstered headboard allowed
the homeowners to decide the exact height they
wanted the headboard to be.
|This upholstered headboard gave the room a clean
metropolitan feel, the tall height created a stunning focal point.
- You avoid the “matching set” look. It’s a nice change to mix in fabric instead of more wood. It adds texture and color.
- The room will look more spacious – beds that have a footboard often “cut off the room” and cause it to look crowded
- It’s easier to make the bed with a headboard only (no more tucking in sheets and bumping your knuckles)!
- Comfort, especially if you’re tall. You no longer have a footboard you’ll kick during the night, or hit with your shin in the dark.
- Cost – normally a high end upholstered headboard is less expensive than a high end wood bed
- An upholstered headboard is comfortable to lean on. That’s our favorite thing about upholstered headboards, – for reading or TV
- The money you’d spend on a footboard can go to a beautiful bench at the foot of the bed, a great place to place your duvet or bedspread.
The only concern I’ve heard about upholstered headboards is durability, if that is a concern, consider ultra suede or sunbrella fabric. Ultra suede is extremely durable, and luxurious to touch! To see more headboards from Greensboro, NC, check out our bedroom photos!
Click on these two links for lots of beautiful BEFORE and AFTER transformations, many with upholstered headboards: