Window treatments for french doors can be the same as the other windows in the room….see below. Notice the drapes are hung on the outside of the window frame, so they do not affect functioning french doors. Drapes at a french door have numerous advantages:
1) They draw the eye towards the french door, to accentuate the outdoor view.
2) Drapes will make your room seem wider.
3) By hanging drapes close to the crown molding, it creates the illusion of height. and makes the ceilings feel taller.
4) Adding drapes at a french door creates continuity! The windows & french doors flow better.
5) If you want room darkening, you can make drapes wide enough to fully function.
6) And best of all – you can use drapes at the french door as an alternative to blinds, often people elect to remove their blinds, saying blinds block their views & make the room feel closed in.
French Door Drapes After Above, Before Below
The new Ivory linen drapes draws the eye towards the french doors and the beautiful outdoor view !
Comments? We love to hear your thoughts!
OR, for questions, be sure to email us instead!
To see hundreds more Before & After window treatments, including french doors,
see these links: