In the commercial space below we recommended a linen fabric that accomplished 5 things:
1) It diffuses the harsh sun that beats in, without totally blocking the light
2) The fabric compliments the wood & leather furniture and "softens" the room for a lived in look.
3) It provides sound absorption!
4) It is light in color and blends with the wall color, so it doesn't demand attention.
5) It's timeless, not trendy. If you have large windows, this is important so you won't need to replace them often.
6) The tall drapes accentuate the nice tall ceiling heights.
At the Four Hands Showroom, we recommended the perfect window treatment!
See before & after:
Four Hands Showroom in High Point
Leather, wood, concrete, brick all look great with the addition of a linen texture. We recommended Linen drapes because they make a commercial space feel "more like home", and isn't that the goal when selling furniture, lighting, or accessories?
|Linen is a good option for a commercial space window|
1) The remote control could get misplaced.
2) The heights can be tricky to adjust, with some shades being an inch or two higher or lower than others. If the "uneven" look will bother you, keep this in mind!
3) It can be a very contemporary or business like look, if that's what you prefer.
4) Electronic shades can be much pricier than drapes, so the real question is, do you need to open and close them often?
5) Some brands will pass fire code restrictions for commercial spaces.
When you keep all the criteria you need to solve in mind, such as the 5 criteria listed above, you'll end up with a look that is best for many years. For a commercial space, the right window treatments can really improve the look and function of the space.