1) They draw the eye towards the french door, to accentuate the outdoor view.
2) Drapes will make your room seem wider.
3) By hanging drapes close to the crown molding, it creates the illusion of height. and makes the ceilings feel taller.
4) Adding drapes at a french door creates continuity! The windows & french doors flow better.
5) If you want room darkening, you can make drapes wide enough to fully function.
6) And best of all - you can use drapes at the french door as an alternative to blinds, often people elect to remove their blinds, saying blinds block their views & make the room feel closed in.
French door After Above, Before Below
Our custom linen headboard with nailhead trim makes the room feel more open.
Notice in the photo at right the french door appeared to be a lower height than the windows.
The new Ivory linen drapes draws the eye towards the french doors and the beautiful outdoor view !
Comments? We love to hear your thoughts!
OR, for questions, be sure to email us instead!
To see hundreds more Before & After window treatments, including french doors,
see these links: