Below I'll list many of the advantages and disadvantages of each:
|Shower with frameless glass door and beautiful tile|
|Corner shower with beautiful tile and frame less glass shower door|
- A frameless glass shower is expensive - especially if it's a large area
- A frameless glass shower requires more maintenance (you know that dull film of soap scum!)
- A frameless glass shower door can look very pretty
- A custom made shower curtain can add a beautiful texture and colors to a boring room
- A custom made shower curtain can be hung LEFT and RIGHT to "frame" the space
- A custom made shower curtain can be hung floor to ceiling to make the ceilings feel taller
- A custom made shower curtain can hide the multitude of shampoos, razors, & products on shelves!!! Notice how no one ever photographs a glass shower with all the clutter and products in the shower
- A shower curtain can add interest for MUCH less money than remodeling with expensive tile installation.
- The removal of old tile will leave a dusty film in your intake and AC vent and duct work. A shower curtain can make a boring tile look just fine.
I could go on and on --- it's personal preference, but it does help to look at lots of photos, so you can decide what's important to you.
Keep in mind this important fact - if you go over budget on the shower door, you'll have to sacrifice in other areas - lighting? art? bedroom furniture? bathroom cabinet?
Think big picture!!
Here's a photo of no shower door at all, which is possible when it's a very large area
|In this master bathroom,|
the shower does not require a shower door - for a nice open feeling
|This custom shower curtain adds personality and color to the room|
Comments? We LOVE to hear your opinions and feedback!
Or, for questions, be sure to email us instead.