1) You can replace a "busy" or dark rug with a tone on tone neutral rug. If a rug has various textures or tones, it will still be interesting. yet soothing. Know that bamboo silk rugs with wool can be durable.
2) Consider fully upholstered dining chairs, to create variety (keeping your original wood dining table).
See photo below.
|Candice Olsen Dining room|
See photo below.
|Comfortable fully upholstered dining chairs will make your guests feel right at home!|
This dining room is an oasis after a hard day at work. Life is hectic, so it's nice when a room feels
clutter free. Notice the white sheers on the bay window and the light soothing colors.
3) Know that tone on tone fabrics, paints, or window treatments can create a soothing environment.
|AFTER Dining drapes made the window feel larger|
To make your window look larger, your room taller
4) Add fabric, it does wonders to break up all the wood in the room! These photos show the transformation. (below)
5) Add a few large colorful accessories, such as pottery. See photo below, our Greensboro NC client.
To draw attention to a beautiful ceiling, or to make a short piece of furniture
seem taller, add colorful designer accessories that are large in scale
6) Consider removing the over sized hutch. By replacing it with art, the room will feel less crowded. If you're tired of your "complete dining set", perhaps this small change is all you need for a fresh update.
|Dining room After|
We removed the top half of the massive dining hutch,
which made the room feel more open & spacious
For hundreds more dining room photos, styles, & ideas, click on this blog:
For more Candice Olsen photos, see this blog:
Have a great dining idea? We love your comments! Click on the top of the blog to link to the web site, or for questions, be sure to send us an email.