1) Add pull out drawers, so you can easily get to the items in the very back of the cabinet.
|Reduce kitchen clutter & make everything easy to reach!|
You can even put wooden cross bars to create sections.
|best pantry style for maximum storage in a limited space|
3) Get the most out of the area below windows, add a window seat with storage underneath
|storage solution for kitchen area|
Perhaps you can store your coats in the bedroom? Or add a closet in the garage or a back entryway? The pocket doors allow people to walk by (without doors in the way). Desperate times call for being innovative!
|most popular pantry style in this photo|
5) Donate rarely used items - or move them to the attic
That meat slicer or power juicer you've only used once - it's taking up a lot of space!!
6 Add shelves under the island (see photo below).
This is possible if you're willing to move the bar stools to a pub table in an adjacent area, or if you rarely use them, donate them to a local charity.
7) Add a pot rack or hooks, get those pots and pans hanging and you'll have lots of additional drawer space! Today's pots and pans come in a variety of cheerful colors.
|kitchen storage under the island (add shelves)|
8) Convert that messy desk area to cabinets - if you're concerned about the finish not matching just create a contrast finish. The photo below shows how a contrast finish can look intentional if you vary the height.
|The new cabinets do not have to match!|
Just add a contrast finish, blue? black? wood tone? The sky is the limit!