|Paint the trim or the bay window area in a paint color that coordinates with your favorite designer fabrics in the room. Notice how it draws attention to the bay window, it invites you to relax in the area!|
- Ceilings can feel more impressive by adding decorative paint techniques such as a faux paint or custom medallions.
- If the windows feel too short, you can add roman shades or a valance. Be sure to hang them very high so you won't block your view. Notice how these window treatments draw the eye up to create the illusion of taller windows!
- Add a round rug, (or oval) to follow the architecture.
- Faux paint or decorative paint can be on window frames, a window seat, or the bay area walls - to draw attention to architecture.
- If the shape of the furniture is complimentary with the shape of the area it's helpful, notice how the round table fits well in the space below.
The bay window needed valances above windows
|This bay window treatment is hung outside the window.|
|To find fabrics, think about your favorite colors. This yellow inspiration fabric on the cushion above helped the homeowner select a wall paint color, rugs, accessories, etc.|