|This upholstered headboard allowed |
the homeowners to decide the exact height they
wanted the headboard to be.
|This upholstered headboard gave the room a clean |
metropolitan feel, the tall height created a stunning focal point.
- You avoid the “matching set” look. It’s a nice change to mix in fabric instead of more wood. It adds texture and color.
- The room will look more spacious - beds that have a footboard often "cut off the room" and cause it to look crowded
- It's easier to make the bed with a headboard only (no more tucking in sheets and bumping your knuckles)!
- Comfort, especially if you're tall. You no longer have a footboard you'll kick during the night, or hit with your shin in the dark.
- Cost – normally a high end upholstered headboard is less expensive than a high end wood bed
- An upholstered headboard is comfortable to lean on. That's our favorite thing about upholstered headboards, - for reading or TV
- The money you'd spend on a footboard can go to a beautiful bench at the foot of the bed, a great place to place your duvet or bedspread.
It's personal preference of course! If your room is very large (not narrow and long) then concerns over being spacious would not be necessary.
Click on these two links for lots of beautiful BEFORE and AFTER transformations, many with upholstered headboards: